Karnataka WRD AE Assistant Engineer JE Recruitment 2017
Karnataka Water Resource Department WRD published notification for Karnataka wrd AE assistant engineer and je Junior Engineer. There are total 889 vacancies for assistant engineer and junior engineer. Vacancies divided in two posts. Total 600 vacancies for Karnataka wrd ae assistant engineer post and 289 vacancies for junior engineer je post.
Karnataka WRD AE Assistant Engineer
Vacancy Details –
Total 600 posts for ae is divided in to Residual parent cadre and local cadre.
Residual parent cadre post – 500
- civil – 429
- mechanical – 71
Local cadre post – 100
- civil – 98
- mechanical – 02
Eligibility for Karnataka WRD AE Assistant Engineer
Age Limit –
- Age limit is as per Karnataka civil services rule.
Educational Qualification –
- Candidate must posses bachelor’s degree in civil or mechanical engineering form government recognized institute.
Selection Process for Karnataka WRD AE Assistant Engineer
- Selection of candidate for karnataka wrd ae assistant engineer post will be done through objective type competitive exam.
- Exam will consist of two papers that is paper 1 and paper 2.
- each paper is of 200 marks.
- After exam candidate will be selected based on merit list.
- Knowledge of Kannada Language – No candidate shall qualify for the selection to the post of Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer unless he qualifies in a test in Kannada language comprising of one paper carrying maximum of 180 marks and secures minimum of 50 marks in the said qualifying test regarding knowledge of Kannada. The standard of this paper shall be that of First language Kannada at SSLC level.
- candidate who passed SSLC from kannada medium could be exempted from Kannada test.
Syllabus for Karnataka WRD AE Assistant Engineer
- Paper 1 – General Paper :- Covering General Knowledge topics relating to Current Events, General Science, Indian History, Indian Geography, Social Sciences, General Mental Ability, matters of every day observation and practical knowledge as may be expected of a person who has passed the prescribed qualifying examination.
- Paper 2 – Specific paper :- The content of this paper shall be determined by the Selection Authority keeping in view the nature of the job for which the selection is being made and the qualifying examination in consultation with the Head of the field department or the Appointing Authority concerned.
Karnataka WRD JE Junior Engineer
Vacancy details –
Total 289 posts for je is divided in to Residual parent cadre and local cadre.
Residual parent cadre post – 200
- civil – 159
- mechanical – 41
Local cadre post – 89
- civil – 87
- mechanical – 02
Eligibility for Karnataka WRD JE Junior Engineer
- Candidate must posses diploma in civil or mechanical engineering from government recognized institute.
Selection procedure for je junior engineer is same as that of assistant engineer.
Best books for Karnataka WRD AE Assistant Engineer And JE.
- For general knowledge use lucent’s general knowledge 2017 book.
- for general mental ability use r s agarwal reasoning book.
- for civil engineering use civil engineering objective by r s khurmi and j k gupta.
- for mechanical engineering use s. chand publication objective and conventional mechanical engineering.