Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017
Karnataka State Police Department KSP has released notification for Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017. Recruitment of Police Sub-Inspector PSI is for Civil & Intelligence Department. There are total 227 posts for PSI out of which 184 for Civil and 43 for Intelligence. Application process is started from 09-06-2017. Last date to apply for this post is 28-06-2017. If you are seeking for Government Job in Karnataka Police Department then it is golden opportunity for you. Other details like Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Selection Process, Syllabus, Best Books for preparation, How to apply is given below.
Vacancy details – Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017
There are total 227 vacancies for Karnataka Police Sub-Inspector post.
- Police sub-inspector Civil (Men&Women) – 184 posts.
- Police sub-inspector Intelligence (Men&Women) – 43 posts.
Eligibility – Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017
Age limit for direct candidates
- 21-28 years for general candidate.
- 2 years Age relaxation for reserved candidates.
Age limit for in-service candidates
- maximum age limit is 35 years for general.
- 5 years age relaxation for reserved.
- Candidate must posses bachelor degree in any discipline from government recognized institute.
- Male – Height 168 cm & chest 86 cm (expansion 5 cm).
- Female – Height 157 cm & Weight 45 Kg.
Selection Process – Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017
There are three stages of selection process
- Physical efficiency test
- Written Exam
Physical efficiency test Criteria
- Running – 1600 mtr. in 7 minutes for male and 700 mtr. in 2 minutes for female.
- Shot Put – 5.6 meters for male and 3.75 meters for female.
- Long Jump – 3.8 mtr. for male and 2.5 mtr. for female.
Candidates who clears physical test will appear for written exam. Candidates scoring well in written exam will be called for interview. Final merit list will be displayed on official website.
Exam Pattern – Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017
There are two papers in written exam.
Paper 1 (Descriptive)
- Total marks 50
- Essay writing 20 marks
- Precise writing 10 marks
- Translation of sentences 20 marks
- Time 90 minutes
Paper 2 (Objective)
- Total marks 150
- Subject – General Studies
- Negative Marking 1/4th for each question
- Time 90 minutes
Best Books – Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2017
For General studies use ” GENERAL STUDIES BOOK ALL IN ONE FOR PSI “
For Descriptive Paper use ” PSI Paper 1 Book ”
For Current affairs, GK, General Science you can use ” Lucents General Knowledge Book ” which is best seller for competitive exams.
How To Apply
1. Log on through the website www.ksp.gov.in
2. Click on Current Recruitment.
3. Click on Police Recruitment – 2017.
4. Select the desired post & Click on Click Here To Apply.
5. Read all the instructions carefully.
6. Fill all the details carefully & submit the form and pay application fee online.
7. Now take printout of online application for future use.